Steve Wolf's "Science in the Movies" Keynote event reveals the STEM concepts behind movie stunts and special effects. Steve gets people excited about science while teaching basic concepts in a way that no one forgets. The program greatly enhances science understanding, which leads to better student performance and more effective teachers.
Steve offers your audience an exciting, fast paced and funny presentation that reveals how over 100 key STEM concepts are the basis of all movie stunts and special effects. It's a fun, interactive, large scale demonstration.
Wolf's goal is to teach, and to have STEM content taught, the way we wish it had been taught to us, so that more young people will want to learn and love science and the amazing things you can do with it.
Attendees benefit from seeing how dozens of STEM concepts can be taught in a vivid, clear and exciting way that engages audiences. When teachers think of their students as a paying audience rather than a captive audience, they step up their game, and Steve shows them how.
During an engaging and interactive presentation, Steve performs six stunts, each of which is the basis of several key science and safety concepts.
Wolf has keynoted hundreds of science leadership forums including:
- National Science Teacher's Association,Summer Leadership Institute, 2012
- ExxonMobil Texas Science & Engineering Fair
- The National Hall of Science at Berkely
- The Lawrence Livermore National Lab
- L.A. County Science Fair
- STEM Summit 2011 at A&M
- University of Texas at Austin - Research Safety Day
- Texas A&M University at College Station - Teacher Summit
- The American Chemical Association
- The American Physics Association
- Texas Regional Collaborative for Excellence in Science Teaching
- University of Houston Teacher Quality Development
- University of Texas at Brownsville - 18th Annual Bi-National Conference
- Conference for the Advancement of Science Teachers - '04,'05,'06,'08,'09,'10
- Texas Association for Gifted & Talented - Dallas, Austin, Houston
- Math Counts - Austin
- Southwestern University
- San Antonio Science and Math Saturday
- South Central Girls Collaborative Project
- iYouth Fusion Fest
- Bastrop Science Night
- University of Texas Medical Branch - STEM Conference
- University of Texas at El Paso , Kaleidoscope
- The Academy for Teacher Excellence: SBI Summer Bridging Instutite
- The Texas Business & Education Coalition
- UT Austin's Hot Science Cool Talks
- The Conference for the Advancement of Science Teachers
- The Texas Science & Engineering Festival
- The U.S. Science & Engineering Festival
- Google Science Fair